NYC Botox Injections
Why We Need Botox
When we smile, laugh, frown or look puzzled, we contract the muscles underneath our facial skin. As we get older, these repetitive contractions produce smile lines at the sides of the eyes (crow’s feet), together with furrows and deep wrinkles between the eyebrows, on the forehead, around the mouth and on the neck.
How Does it Work?
Botox is the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatment for facial wrinkles and frown lines, allowing people to look and feel younger without the risk or cost of traditional plastic surgery.
Botox® is a highly purified protein injectable solution that is a natural, extremely safe, temporary way of improving wrinkles and signs of aging of the face and neck.
A few drops of Botox are injected with a tiny needle into the contracted muscle that is causing the wrinkle. Botox works by reducing or preventing muscle contractions that cause wrinkles and frown lines. The results of the procedure will be visible in the days following the injection and should reach maximum effect two weeks after the treatment. These results will last for between three and four months. Botox is also very effective as a treatment for symptoms of underarm sweating. The results last approximately six months. Dr. ChinQuee also employs Dysport for clients who prefer that treatment.
What Areas Can Be Improved?
- Vertical lines between brows
- Non-surgical brow lift
- Lines at bridge of nose called bunny lines
- Squint lines, otherwise known as crow’s feet, at the corners of eyes
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Neck wrinkles and undefined jawline
- Wrinkles around the month
- Turning down of the corner of the mouth
- Pebbled chin
- Reduction of underarm sweating
Possible side effects:
- When injected to the forehead, there is a small risk of bruising, which usually lasts for five to seven days and clears without leaving a scar.
- When injected around the eyes, in rare cases there is temporary drooping of the brows which can be improved with medicated eye drops.
Be Sure Botox is Applied by a Licensed Physician
Do not be misled to believe that the application of Botox is a simple procedure. You have undoubtedly run across women or men with a rigid, stiff, masklike look – frequently the result of improper injection of Botox. Dr. ChinQuee takes pride in creating a fresh, natural, smooth appearance – which she learned to do during her aesthetic medical training in Paris, Monaco and the United States.